Effective Date: December 13, 2022
GroundLevel Landscape Architecture, Inc (GroundLevel) takes your privacy seriously. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you, including information collected on www.GroundLevelsd.com, when you contact us using a form on the site, send us an email, and any other websites this statement is linked to (the “Site”), and how we use that data. Please read this privacy statement carefully prior to using these websites. By providing information to us you expressly agree to this privacy statement.
Personal Data We Collect
GroundLevel collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experience. Most of the information we collect is information provided directly by you, such as when you contact us or send us an e-mail. For example, if you send us e-mail, your email address and the contents of your message will be collected. We get some data through cookies (small text files that store website data on your computer).
You have choices about the data we collect. When asked to provide personal data, you may decline. If you choose not to provide data that is necessary to certain products/features, you may not be able to use that product/feature. You may withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time by reaching out to us. Please refer to the contact information below.
The data we collect may include the following:
- Contact information – information such as name, job title, company name, department, email address, physical mailing address and telephone number
- Professional information – such as your employment background, job description and related information
- Responses to surveys – information you provide when responding to a survey on the website, via an app or email, on the telephone or otherwise
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses – this number is identified and logged automatically whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited
- Demographic and location data
We do not knowingly collect or process data from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years old. If we discover that we have collected or received data from anyone under 13 without verification of parental consent, such information will be deleted. Please contact us if you believe we may have collected or processed data from or about anyone under 13.
How We Use Personal Data
We use information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Communications. We use data to comply with your requests, respond to your inquiries, and send you newsletters, publications, or other information that you request. If you contact us by email through the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence and use it to respond to you. We will further use the data to fulfill any other purposes for which it was provided, and as disclosed at the time the data are collected.
- Business Operations. We may also use data to conduct data analysis or audits that enable us to operate and improve the performance of our Firm and tailor our website.
- Marketing. We may contact you about certain matters that may be of interest to you.
- Services. We may also use your data to contact you from time to time with product or service updates; provide the information, services or support you request and related after-sales services; manage our relationship with you and to carry out any related administration.
We will retain your personal data only as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, or as is required by applicable law, and then we will delete it.
Reasons we may share personal data
We may share your personal data among GroundLevel-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We may share personal data with service providers who work on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. Examples include companies that host our web servers, analyze data, and provide marketing assistance. These companies will have access to and may use your personal information as necessary to perform their functions (for example to help us communicate with you about our services) but they may not use that data for any other purpose, and they do not have any independent right to share this information.
We may also disclose personal data as a part of a corporate transaction. Your personal data will remain subject to this Privacy Statement.
We also may use or disclose personal data if we believe that we are required to do so for any of the following reasons:
- to comply with applicable law or respond to requests from governmental, regulatory, or public authorities
- to protect our clients, for example to prevent spam, attempts to defraud other criminal offenses
- to operate and maintain the security of our systems, including to prevent or stop attacks on our systems or networks
- to protect the rights, interests, privacy, security, property, business, or safety of GroundLevel, our partners and our people, the users of the Site, or the public
- in connection with actual or proposed litigation
Please note that our Site may contain links to third parties’ websites whose privacy practices are different from GroundLevel’s. Any personal data you provide to any third-party website is governed by their privacy statement, and we are not responsible for their privacy practices or the content of those websites. Please carefully read any privacy policies on those links or websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites.
What are Cookies?
To make the Site work properly and to provide you with a personalized experience, we sometimes place cookies on your device. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences, and other information, such as what pages you visit, your IP address, or how you arrived on the Site. GroundLevel uses both persistent and session cookies. Session cookies are only stored in the cookie file while you are actually using this Site. Persistent cookies are stored for a specific time, but each cookie may have a different lifespan. GroundLevel also uses third-party cookies, which are cookies provided by our service providers for analytics and advertising.
How Can You Control Cookies?
Questions and How to Contact Us
Changes to this privacy statement
This privacy statement was last updated on the date noted above and applies from that date. We may occasionally amend this privacy statement. You can determine if the privacy statement has been revised since your last visit by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page. Any new statement will automatically be in force when it is published on the website. Your use of our Site following such revision constitutes your acceptance of the contents of the privacy statement as amended or revised by us. You should therefore return here regularly to view our most up to date privacy statement. You may also wish to print a copy for your records.
How do you contact us?
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, or you want to contact us regarding how we handle your personal data please email us at hello@GroundLevelSD.com.